Sunday 21 August 2022

words are fun


Words are Fun ©

By

Michael Casey


Before I begin I go to the bathroom to let out some hot air

Though some will say it’s always there

Either my CkD embarrassing me or a comment on my writing

But people can be cruel and do not care, either way


I fell in love with words 55 years ago maybe

Robin Day was on the tv, a Political interviewer

Though any News Junkies will know him already

He was a trained Barrister, no he did not make coffee

Just mincemeat of Politicians

And Politician is not Cream to go with Coffee

Like I said he was a Barrister not barista 

Me and my dad used to watch him


So, if you hear good language, 

Here Today Gone Tomorrow Politician

It may tie you in knots, or make you laugh

As it made me dad and me, and then

My dad would curse at the tv, using all the letters

Of cursing, no Wokery back then, 

the word had not been invented

and should not have been

Far better if you had not been heard, absurd word


So, I grew up with an educated dad, left school at 14

To become a Blacksmith, which makes me a SOB

Son of a Blacksmith

Dad was very bright, but on the 1930s in Ireland

Everybody went to work, but it does not mean

He or anybody else was thick

Intelligence is Speed of Thought

I’ll explain it for the half-wits out there


So, if you follow BBC news you have an 

encyclopaedia in front of you, just engage your brain

Then if in my case you have BBC Radio4 constantly

You hear clever people talking, in posh voices back then

Add Latin, English, English Lit, French, Spanish then

Words are everywhere

If you read a lot too, then Words do become your plaything

If your days off are in the middle of the week too

Radio fills the void, and even if you are half stupid

You will learn a lot, it’s osmosis so to speak


Then if you have clever kids with you at school

4 of my cohort, which is a new word used a lot on tv lately

Year Group, Age Group might be more understandable to some

4 of them are Doctors or PhDs, I’m just the toilet cleaner

Though as I said earlier, doesn’t make me stupid

Your Job does not always mark you, as far as brains go

Although Brains was a brand of faggot years ago

You can make your own joke up there

Though Fags was the name for 1st years in 1970

In my old grammar school, but I’m from a different age

On the cusp of one age to another


Pause for Pain Killer 

And no that wasn’t a rubbish rhyme 

20 mins just gone for paracetamol and slap on gel

This is my life for years now

Pain

Though all of you reading me, might say

Yes, we suffer, we are the readers

CRUEL


Anyway, lots of Wordplay, like Foreplay but not

As much fun, on Radio Shows on the BBC

If you grow up listening to it you’ll learn a lot

Glue the dial to BBC Radio4 if you want clever kids

Though Wokery did show its head, beneath the bedclothes

Samantha, an imaginary radio girl, was banned or spoke

About because Woke People have no Imagination


Trigger warnings on books at University too

This is madness, Words are Fun, they have Meaning

Nuances and Shades and Tones, almost musical

But they are being banned by idiots

By the way too Slaves have existed for 10,000 years maybe

So yes, take note of it, but don’t whitewash History in every

Meaning of the Word. GROW UP


Now I’ll finish now as my head is about to explode with pain

And did you know my pharma knowledge big daughter told me

They don’t really know why Paracetamol works

And in my case sometimes it does not

As my Pain, My BASTARD is too much

And its whore of a sister Tinnitus is just a Tramp

Or should I post a Trigger warning on my words

For kids who are so Woke

They should just stay at home, wrapped in cotton wool

And take them out once a year like Christmas Decorations

Or Winterval as the Birmingham Council Morons

Once called Christmas

Celebrate everything, because Words are Fun



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Playing a Round with Donald Trump

Humour Writing by the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England read in 162 countries so far https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micha...