Monday 29 July 2019

29th July 2019 Updated profile

I've updated this today 29th July 2019
I'm Michael Casey from Birmingham England, the fat silver haired writer in shades. Beware of Others with the EXACT SAME NAME, they are not me, and would not want to be me ...

I've done loads of writing, 1,500,000 Words worth over 30 years now
But before I started I LISTENED to BBC Radio 4  for 20 years, from the age of 10 or younger
Frank Brown our lodger, went back to County Tyrone and he gifted us his Bush Radio
He'd be nearly 100 now if he is still alive, so say a prayer for him

I almost immediately had a hit, a play called Shoplife was accepted but not finally produced by a Theatre
The Kenneth More Theatre, so thank them for sparing you all. This was back in 1989

I also had other high praise, so I ignore all the nasty negative people  who use too much alliteration
I also ignore those who just cannot write, making money does not mean you can tell a story
Pick your own famous writer, who you avoid

Today's world has much print, but a page will not refuse ink, as my dad used to say

I tend to write Comedy as I'd rather make you laugh than cry
I must have written over 2000 short pieces of writing
My first book ,a full length comedy/drama is The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker
You can read translations of it here on this site(Wordpress)
https://michaelgcaseyfrombirminghamengland.wordpress.com/
Up to 7 different translations  have been read on the same day
This proves to me that the humour does travel
I have readers in over 60 countries now
Or its just a hit man on the run, or bored Navy Seals
It may also mean that only non English Speakers like my stuff
I did get 21,000 readers in 3 weeks for the Polish  version of In Search of an Indian Princess
which is basically the final 3 chapters of The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker
I also had a low budget  film producer take a look at it
Book Publishers have said I've made the commissioning editor laugh
So close but no cigar is the story of my life
As for my life, I was a computer operator for a market research company into alcohol sales
I also was a concierge and an Esol English teacher in an Islamic school
I can always make somebody talk or laugh, I am an 18 stone George Clooney look alike
Laugh of Die so to speak
I believe my short stories could be used to teach English, just package them up correctly or App them
What else, I was brawn and brains, I used to be as strong as an Ox, now I just smell like one
We have a cat called Totoro, my daughters wanted a pet I said they could have a dog if I died , or a cat if
I had a heart attack. A few weeks after that in Jan 2015 I had an Unplanned Quadruple  Heart Bypass , it was supposed to be a triple but it ended up a Quadruple,  33% extra free so to speak.
I also have arthritis and other hindrances that hobble my body and give me pain galore.
But my mind is free, though having read my stories you may wish I didn't bother
But I'll ignore you, and carry on regardless.
That's the end of the tidy version of my life, if you want more come and buy me a Stella Artois and all will be revealed. Though 12 pints a year is my ration.
To finish here's the list of my 18 books, so far:-
1.The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker
2.Shoplife
3.Essays and Plays
4.Blogs 2011
5.300 and Not OUT
6.Shorts 2013
7.More Shorts 2014
8.Quick Stories
9.Still Alive 2015
10.Undiscovered Words 2016
11.Still Smiling 2017
12.Altogether Now
13.New Horizons
14.14 Up
15.15 Down
16.Sweet Sixteen
17. 17 Again
18. 18 New Views
My 19th book will be The 19th Hole  and Donald Trump will review it when I finish at Christmas.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Casey/e/B00571G0YC  to buy ebooks
ok, that's your lot, this reads serious, but generally I refuse to be serious, though I do heckle the news for 50 years now

TTFN
Michael Casey





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

FOR Lithuanian I MET IN SHOP

Russian Translations at end Thursday 6 January 2022 Hello Other, wherever that is Hello Other, wherever that is Could it be Putin, or the un...